[comptoir 401] EuroDIGG

jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Sep 3 04:41:31 CEST 2009

Pour les CaféduCompères et CaféduComères qui ne seraient pas sur leur
liste, qui leur pardonneraient d'écrire en anglais et qui seraient
intéressés à passer une soirée en société à Genève entre deux jours
fort civils :

--------------

Hello Euro DIGGERS!

In less than two weeks time most of you will meet in Geneva 14th /
15th September 2009 at the EuroDIG conference. This information
letter contains some short notes to create EuroDIG as a successful
conference for you.

Workshops and plenary´s:
Detailed information respectively key participants, speakers and the
agenda of each session are available at the website and will be
updated regularly. We are pleased to offer interpreters for English
and French translation in every workshop and plenary.
Remote participation / live stream will be available, detailed
information will be published soon at the website www.eurodig.org .

Registration:
Please register via online registration form if you haven't jet and
make your choice, which workshop you like to join on Monday. Online
registration will be closed on Friday 11th of September 2009 at
midnight, but you will have the possibility to register on Monday
directly at the EBU.

Accommodation:
As the organiser has no allocation arranged with a special conference
hotel, we ask you to make your own reservation. We recommend the
following web site for hotel booking: http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch

Transportation:
Geneva offers free public transport tickets to the visitors if you
arrive at the airport. Detailed information how to proceed and where
to go are available at the website www.eurodig.org

Related events:
We like to call your attention to some interesting events which are
taking place in Geneva during the EuroDIG week:

- Internet Rights and Principles Dynamic Coalition meeting in Geneva
on Sunday 13th September at EBU. This is a multi-stakeholder workshop
for all people who are either members of the Internet Rights and
Principles Dynamic Coalition or who are interested in its work. The
workshop is a mid-term meeting of the Dynamic Coalition and will
consolidate the work have been done since the last Internet
Governance Forum in December 2008. More information available at
http://internetrightsandprinciples.org

- Informal Expert Workshop – Opening the Namespace infrastructures to
Competition - Open Questions: challenges and opportunities in Geneva
on Friday 18th September at the ITU. The workshop, organized by Dr.
Francis Muguet, is going to include in the morning, presentations and
a round table, and in the afternoon, open discussions. More
information available at http://net4d.org/18sep09-index.html

Looking forward to your active participation in EuroDIG 2009!
S a n d r a H o f e r i c h t e r
Management and Communication

European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)
office at eurodig.org
www.eurodig.org